The Aseto’ne Network Project is a broad multi-institutional initiative designed to coordinate outreach, education and mentoring services provided by the nation’s 37 Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs). This initiative is a collaboration between AIHEC and the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC). In the Cheyenne language Aseto’ne refers to the context of growth and taking first steps. Thus, our project will provide the necessary steps and support infrastructure to guide students into research careers and a brighter future. The project partners will establish and promote interest and engagement in bio-medical research among students attending tribal colleges. The project will establish a networked community of faculty and students involved in activities that develop students’ academic and research-specific skills and promote an understanding of what is required to be a successful researcher. Most important, the project will reinforce in students the confidence in their ability to pursue a successful career research.
Calendar of Events: (coming soon)
Research and Personal Skills Developmenthttps://zoom.us/j/370572597
The AIHEC Aseto’ne Institute: June 4-15, 2018
The AIHEC Aseto’ne Institute is a 10-day personal development and research experience program experience hosted by UNMC and will focus on encouraging students to consider and pursue a professional career in a biomedical field.
The Institute will recruit TCU students who are interested in health research and professions. TCU students will learn about opportunities and experiences available to them in the area of health research. Announcement
- Carrie Billy, Co-Principle Investigator/President & CEO, AIHEC
- Dr. Maurice Godfrey, Co-Principle Investigator, UNMC
- Dr. Deborah His Horse Is Thunder, Project Director, AIHEC
- Darryl Monteau, Project Coordinator, AIHEC
- Dr. Joseph Evans, Director of Psychology, UNMC
- Dr. Kathleen Hanna, Professor, College of Nursing, Indiana University
- Dr. Brett Kuhn, Director, Behavioral Pediatric Sleep Medicine Program, Children’s Sleep Disorder Center, UNMC
- Dr. Athena Ramos, Community Health Program Manager, Center for Reducing Health Disparities, UNMC
- Dr. Lani Zimmerman, Professor, College of Nursing, UNMC